Monday, December 15, 2014

Gwennie and the Scooter






Gwennie and the Scooter

24" x 18"
Oil on hardwood Panel

Gwenneth just makes me happy. When I see her I smile.

She is very exuberant and enthusiastic about life. She can ride a regular bicycle very well and very aggressively too I might add, however one day she was riding a small scooter and I wanted to capture that moment.

I'm pleased with the sweeping action pose, almost a cartoon figure with the long line from her left shoe to her forehead.

And I thought that her jeans worked well, although the shadows have a lower value in the actual painting.

Gwen's hair is more light brown than the photograph indicates, I think that the camera is picking up yellow from the sweatshirt.

The background was the lasting problem with this design. Above is the current painting and below shows the painting in an earlier version.





Again, the hair is not this bright yellow in the painting -even this earlier version.

2 comments:

  1. She is a crazy girl on her bike and scooter! This painting is beautiful, I love the details and color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you
    She is a special little whirlwind

    ReplyDelete