Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Campbell


Campbell
Summer 2014

20" x 16"
Oil on sandeply Panel

Rebecca provided me with many very interesting photographs and it was difficult to decide what poses and effect I wanted to work with. And Campbell has been here often this summer so I had the luxury of checking the painting from life.

I wanted to vary the background - making it cooler than the other portrait. I like the contrast between the cool background and the very warm features. The painting also uses different facial details than the other one.

To add some unity to the painting I chose to design a new dress so I could also add some limited color to it. I should have left well enough alone, as I painted the left shoulder about five or six times before I was satisfied.

It has very limited shadow but I was pleased with the result

Thank you Campbell. You are a special model.



No comments:

Post a Comment