Thursday, August 6, 2020

Rochas Oceânicas




Coastal Cliffs

18" x 24"
Oil on Panel

One of the few paintings of this size from Sao Paulo. I scavengered some panels after being there six months from various construction sites, etc.
Lori didn't want to be seen with me when I was bringing my materials home however otherwise it was paper or poorly made cotton stretched panels for painting
Cutting them with my limited tools was also interesting

The southern Brazil coast has beautiful scenery

This was done with a limited palette including an 'azul turquesa' oil that I acquired in Sao  Paulo - it was a mix of a blue and a green phthalo but reasonably consistent when tinting

I also had an 'azul cobalto' that never came within five kilometers of any cobalt, it was however a buttery ultramarine blue.




12" x 16"

Rocks washed with waves. I suppose everyone is fascinated by waves and the breaking surf. The foamy area near shore is always changing

No comments:

Post a Comment