Saturday, June 7, 2014

Valley Ranch



Valley Ranch

24" x 36"
Oil on Wood Panel

Since this painting was reworked after the prior posting, I wanted to post it again.

Grant and I also framed it and it will be hanging in the office.

After looking at it a few days I decided to recast the sky atmosphere and then refined the mountains and the foliage areas.

The edge of the red barn has some yellow elements and also some green which causes the color to vibrate a bit. There is also some of the red scattered in the mountain shadows and the foliage which adds to unity within the painting. Even the small grass/weed tufts have one or two red spears in most of them.


2 comments:

  1. I like what you've done with the sky- it looks so realistic for a cold winter's day. That was fun to post the before and after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you
    I can't resist continuing to refine some of the paintings

    ReplyDelete